Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Company: Common Spirit
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 12, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Under general supervision, provides direct patient care in
accordance with established treatment plans.
1. Perform general nursing care to patients by following
established standards and procedures.
2. Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient
3. Obtain and documents health history, information on chief
complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses
4. Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of
care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
5. Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response
6. Educate patients and families about health status, health
maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
7. Document patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
8. Track quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure
* Graduate from an accredited Practical/Vocational Nurse program
* Current/valid LVN license from the state licensing board or valid
Compact LVN license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
* 0 - 1 year clinic experience preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure,
and functions; and community resources. Understanding of health
care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state
law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies
* Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take
appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
* Maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
* Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of
The above statements reflect the general details considered
necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as
identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of
all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Keywords: Common Spirit, College Station , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!