Pharmacy Tech 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: College Station
Posted on: January 9, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Pharmacy Technician 1, under the supervision and
direction of a Pharmacist, provides pharmacy services, manages
inventory, and delivers pharmaceutical care as assigned and in
accordance with Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP)
regulations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs limited pharmacy services and duties associated with
the stocking, preparation, labeling, dispensing and delivery of
- Helps patients and medical staff with nonjudgmental questions
under the direct supervision of a pharmacist preceptor.
- Answers incoming phone calls and responds to the needs of the
caller and/or directs them to the appropriate person for
- Communicates promptly with all appropriate team members when
inventory levels are low and assists with drug purchasing and
inventory control in an appropriate manner (ex. ordering and
receiving of medications and supplies).
- Performs designated tasks regarding pharmacy quality control,
management of pharmacy records, inventory control and preparation
of order for drugs.
- Enters medication orders from doctors' order
sheets/prescriptions and fills according to label, ensuring that
the correct product is dispensed and that the dosage form and
charge quantity are in accordance with formulary; enters correct
billing data and is responsible for medication charges and
- Resolves discrepancies, troubleshoots and runs reports from the
automated dispensing machine (ADM)
- Cleans and helps maintain equipment and work area; sterilizes
glassware according to established procedures.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Basic understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology,
pharmaceutical calculations, terminology, drug use and aseptic
techniques, standards, and equipment.
- Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and
dispensing of prescription medications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to follow established safety, infection control,
environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and
email.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Pharmacy Technician (PHT), Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT): Must have
one of the following issued by the TX Board of Pharmacy:
- Pharmacy Tech (PHT) license
- Pharmacy Tech (PHT) intern license.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, College Station , Pharmacy Tech 1, Healthcare , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!