Chief Nursing Officer
Company: Community Hospital Corp
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the
day-to-day operations of the clinical services at the CHC managed
Huntsville Memorial Hospital located in Huntsville, TX. Under the
direct supervision of the CEO, the CNO is responsible for
providing, managing and supervising the clinical staff, ensuring
that the competency, numbers, and staff levels are appropriate to
meet the immediate and complex needs of patients. The CNO is
responsible for promoting the overall quality of nursing care. In
conjunction with the professional staff the CNO plans, coordinates,
manages, and evaluates clinical programs and services of the
facility promoting a team approach to the delivery of patient care
provided by the facility. A strong community focus calling for
regular face-to-face communication with physicians, the community,
the board and staff is critically important.Major
- Operations Management: Defines and implements operational
standards, policies and procedures that address how nursing care
needs of the patient population are assessed, met and evaluated.
Collects and analyzes data from internal and external sources
regarding current way of doing business and clinical processes.
Conducts needs analysis, identifies and prioritizes needs, applies
good problem solving skills to improve operations. Actively
participates in monthly operations review call.
- Safety and Quality of Care: Promotes quality by incorporating
current nationally recognized professional standards and other
expert literature into policies and procedures governing the
provision of nursing care, treatment and services. Encourages the
identification of alternate processes and potential solutions and
acts to implement changes to resolve identified problems, improve
safety and quality of care and maintain patient rights.
- Financial Management: Oversees the preparation and management
of sound operating, special project and capital budgets for
nursing. Ensures the utilization of appropriate productivity
measures and nursing support of revenue cycle needs. Meets
budget-critical financial metrics. Provides stewardship of all
financial resources. Actively participates in bi-weekly
- Human Resources: Determines staffing requirements and ensures
the availability of adequate numbers of competent staff (including
contract labor) that are properly credentialed, educated, trained,
motivated and engaged. Directs performance management systems
including policies/practices for providing timely feedback,
recognizing excellence and dealing with problem behavior and poor
- Medical Staff: Collaborates with the Medical Staff to identify
and resolve issues affecting the provision of nursing care and
overall patient care in the Hospital. Fosters open and effective
communication between patients, nursing and medical staff to
resolve problems. Promotes harmonious relationships among nursing,
medical staff, patients and the public.
- Vision and strategy setting: Establishes and communicates a
clear and compelling vision. All stakeholders know the hospital's
mission, vision, and priorities. Works with Board, senior
management team, physicians and nursing staff to develop,
implement, and update strategies and opportunities for growth and
improvement to support the hospital's mission and respond to
external and internal issues.
- High performance culture: Conveys hospital's values and
acceptable behavior to all stakeholders through own actions.
Creates an organizational climate that encourages teamwork, builds
employee engagement, collaborates, accepts accountability, and
produces quality results. Inspires individual and organizational
- Internal Communication and Relationship: Demonstrates effective
interpersonal relations including influencing/persuading at all
levels inside the hospital and corporation. Builds rapport and
trust with team through frequent/timely communication. Develops and
maintains effective medical staff relationships. Seeks input from
stakeholders. Anticipates and addresses concerns. Contributes to
the creation of a culture of communication.
- External Communication and Relationship: Works with community
leaders as appropriate to assess community healthcare needs, build
a positive hospital image and market hospital services. Actively
participates in his/her community through civic and other service.
Demonstrates appropriate political savvy, tact and diplomacy.
- Talent Development: Wants people to develop. Accurately
assesses developmental needs and provides frequent feedback,
coaching, and personal development opportunities. Faces up to
performance and behavior problems quickly and directly. Does not
shy from providing timely corrective feedback. Takes action
promptly to remove talent that is non-responsive to coaching and
- Accountability: Sets clear, consistent goals and expectations.
Holds self and others accountable for decisions and actions.
Demands high performance. Is reliable, keeps commitments, and
delivers results. Creates an ownership culture.
- Champion for Change: Speaks out for change and helps staff
understand reasons for, and benefits from, change. Makes change
real for individuals. Links change to work processes and involves
stakeholders in the change process. Follows through on change
initiatives. Communicates constantly with all affected by change.
Other General and Related Duties
- Is actively committed to quality of patient care, treatment,
and services. Measures and reports quality results to hospital and
corporate teams. Fosters continuous quality improvement.
Participates in corporate-wide and hospital-based performance
- Is actively committed to providing excellent customer service.
Strives to meet or exceed patient expectations/satisfaction in the
performance of job functions.
- Is actively committed to meeting and/or exceeding physician and
employee expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job
- Retains all nursing related hospital accreditations, licensures
and designations in good standing. Maintains compliance with all
laws and applicable regulatory requirements. Acts promptly to
comply with required changes. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree of Nursing from an accredited university
- MSN or Masters in a related field (i.e. Healthcare
Administration, Business Administration)
- Must possess and maintain current licensure as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Texas.
- A minimum of five years of direct patient care experience in an
acute care setting is highly preferred
- Must show evidence of competency in supervising patient care
services through a minimum of 3 years management/leadership
- Experience with mid-sized rural market
- Active in Nursing Leadership Development Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and
to prioritize objectives
- Strong self-motivation and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and relate well with others
building trust, collaborative relationships with staff, peers,
providers, vendors, community leaders, and academic partners.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to manage people and work with them in such a manner as
to build high morale and group commitments to goals and
- Team orientation with the ability to work with all levels of
management and respecting all differences
- Ability to identify and resolve operational and administrative
- Ability to work with Medicare system and be adaptable to
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts and
terminology unique to the healthcare industry
- Possess a strong customer orientation and philosophy
- Possess critical thinking skills BenefitsBenefits include a
competitive salary, relocation package along with incentive
compensation plan, 401(k) savings and match, and a comprehensive
health and welfare benefits package. About Huntsville Memorial
Hospital, Huntsville, TexasHuntsville Memorial Hospital,
Huntsville, Texas, is a 123-bed, Joint Commission-accredited,
not-for-profit acute care community hospital. HMH delivers quality
healthcare services to the residents of Walker County and its
surrounding communities, a population of more than 72,000. HMH and
its dedicated staff offer compassionate care and the latest
technologies and treatment solutions. HMH holds Joint Commission
Primary Stroke Center designation. HMH keeps community health and
wellness at the forefront of its mission. Please visit us at .About
Community Hospital Corporation - HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT
-Community Hospital Corporation owns, manages and consults with
hospitals through three distinct organizations - CHC Hospitals, CHC
Consulting and CHC ContinueCARE, which share a common purpose to
guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and
healthcare providers. Based in Plano, Texas, CHC provides the
resources and experience community hospitals need to improve
quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
For more information about CHC, please visit .In compliance with
the emergency regulation issued by the Centers for Medicare &
Medicaid Services (CMS) and company policy, CHC and its affiliate
companies require all employees to provide proof of full Covid-19
vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation
as a condition of employment. As a result, these conditions must be
met by the first date of employment.CHC is a tobacco and drug free
workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Community Hospital Corp, College Station , Chief Nursing Officer, Executive , Huntsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!