Purchasing & Planning Manager
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Purchasing & Planning Manager is responsible for the
operations of GMP Purchasing and Supply Chain Planning at Fujifilm
Texas to ensure that the right materials are available at the right
time, in the correct quantity to support GMP production. This role
will oversee the materials planning process and direct purchasing
while liaising with both internal and external stakeholders on the
status of material readiness. The full life cycle of material
management will also include the running of the ERP SAP system
using MRP. Within SAP, Bill of Material creation, planned demand
and conversion to process orders (WIP) will be the responsibility
of the Supply Chain teams. The Purchasing & Planning Manager will
provide SME over site to these processes as well as managing the
Supply Chain teams on a longer strategic planning horizon. External
US Essential Functions:
- Provide line management, supervision and mentoring to the FDBT
Purchasing and Planning teams and manage this resource to provide a
comprehensive planning and purchasing process to support the needs
of the Business.
- Oversees the material planning and direct materials purchasing
processes prior to run execution and provide readouts for Stage
- Provide effective and robust purchasing strategies for the
procurement of direct materials.
- Lead and develop core planning meetings with the necessary
agenda, inputs, and outputs. Ensure effective planning, common
understanding and delivery targets to achieve business and
production asset requirements.
- Ensure the correct entry and execution of material BOM's within
the SAP system.
- Ensure materials are set up with accurate information in the
ERP system and provide detailed analysis of supply and demand
metrics for the production materials.
- Work with Finance, Program Management, Process Science,
Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Quality
Assurance to provide support in production needs, batch readiness,
batch closure and compliance.
- Oversee the weekly reporting functions for material status and
ensure correct allocation of materials to support the manufacturing
- Collect and review KPI's for material readiness per project,
material consumption on a per batch basis and material utilization
for all projects.
- Ensure the functionality and execution of MRP planning.
- Work with clients to support their material planning and
- Manage, implement, and continuously review purchasing
strategies for key raw materials and consumables ensuring surety of
supply for long term business benefits.
- Manage vendors through Vendor Relationship Management (VRM).
Oversee and deliver vendor performance and evaluation via QBR's,
the use of the FDBT Vendor Scorecard and the site vendor rating
- Initiate and lead Supply Chain and Business initiatives to
improve the purchasing and planning processes.
- Proactively manage Supply Chan led projects to improve
efficiency and cost reduction of materials.
- Develop training plans for direct reports.
- Work in a global SAP environment with coordination between
- Ensure the planning and purchasing teams works closely and
effectively to support production plan demands.
- Deliver end of year performance appraisals.
- Perform other duties as needed. Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of five years management and or supervisor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for
discussing complex business processes.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and organize resources.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to create and issue reports to Supply Chain
- Experience with Material Master and Recipe creation within an
ERP system (preferably SAP)
- In depth knowledge of MRP planning.
- Experience and knowledge of developing and implementing
- Reporting status, issues and KPI's to senior Supply Chain
- Ability to work effectively under extreme pressure to meet
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple activities
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office (Word,
Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Future- oriented, new technology
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain business and technical
- Positive, customer service-oriented skills and behavior.
- Operated within a GMP Supply Chain function with a minimum of 3
years' experience.Supervisory Responsibility:
- The following positions will directly report to the Purchasing
& Planning Manager, GMP Purchasing Supervisor and the Supply Chain
- Conduct training, support, and mentoring.
- Set individual objectives for the planners in line with the
company's objectives ensuring they are SMART objectives.
- Conduct end of year performance reviews.
- Lead and ensure the company's policies and procedures are
- Ensure each member of the team is appropriately trained to meet
GMP requirements. Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
office equipment is required.
- Lift up to 30 pounds unassisted and up to 60 pounds with
- Work in cold temperatures.
- Distinguish colors.
- Operate a forklift.
- Work in high places.
- Attendance is mandatory. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years work experience in a Supply
Chain, Materials Management, Operations function, and OR
- Associate degree plus 8 years work experience in a Supply
Chain, Materials Management, Operations function, and OR
- High School/GED with 10 years of work experience in a Supply
Chain, Materials Management, Operations function, AND
- Minimum of five years management and or supervisor experience.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing / Good Documentation
- Six Sigma training.
- APICS Certifications such as CPIM (Certified in Production &
Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain
- Experience with ERP systems preferably SAP.We are an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please
e-mail or call .
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Purchasing & Planning Manager, Executive , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!