Technical Program Manager, Meta Connectivity
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: May 10, 2022
The Connectivity team focuses on how innovative new technologies
can bring the next one billion people onto the internet around the
world. Our projects are aimed at delivering connectivity to people
without access to the internet and increasing connectivity for
people with access to existing, but inadequate network
infrastructures. We are taking both practical and ambitious
approaches to large scale problems and are looking for candidates
who share a passion for tackling complexity and building
communication systems and software that will impact the way
communities connect and share information. This position is
full-time and will report to the Group Technical Program Manager.
Technical Program Manager, Meta Connectivity Responsibilities:
- Manage cross-functional engineering programs in a matrix
organization covering a range of areas.
- Interest and willingness to work on both complex engineering
and value proposition/strategy.
- Provide hands-on program management.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for
projects, datasets and tasks.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across
multiple teams and functions.
- Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Travel 3-4 times a year (both domestic and international) with
lengths of at most a week at a time. Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or
- 4+ years of software engineering, network engineering, systems
engineering, electrical engineering, hardware engineering, or
technical product/program management experience.
- Communications infrastructure systems experience and experience
working with technical management teams to develop and deploy
systems, solutions, and products at significant scale.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience.
Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across
multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time
zones. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing complex software engineering projects.
- Carrier (2G/3G/LTE base stations, backhaul including mmWave and
microwave, core networks), Wi-Fi ISP deployment, network design and
- Real-world experience and understanding of challenges in
implementing infrastructure in urban and/or rural markets.
- Experience with large scale telecommunication systems both as a
hands-on developer and as a program manager.
- Experience with security and privacy best practices in
connectivity solutions. Facebook is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate
based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected
veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Keywords: Facebook App, College Station , Technical Program Manager, Meta Connectivity, Executive , Bellville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!