Heavy Truck Mechanic (Relo Available)
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Location: College Station
Posted on: March 5, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Expert Mechanic + the Leader in the Waste Industry = A Winning Team!
7 Reasons Why YOU Should Join WM:
Exceptional Benefits: each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days (site benefits may vary.)
Competitive Pay (to include a great Shift Differential for 2nd shift and 3rd shift.) This position is an evening shift
$250 quarterly tool allowance (1K annually)
Outstanding management team
Ongoing technical training from WM & external vendors,
Company paid uniforms, PPE & boot allowance,
Local & nationwide growth opportunities (growth progression Technician - Sr. technician - Fleet Supervisor - Fleet Manager)
ALL = BIG rewards , APPLY TODAY, we have a career home for your technical talents.
2nd Shift (starts between 3PM & 3AM) Monday to Friday and rotated Saturdays, 40+ hours per week. Must be flexible to work overtime as required.
Education and Experience:
No Education requirements
Two (2) or more years of heavy truck repair, (to include airbrakes, hydraulics, diagnostics, and electrical repair)
MUST be flexible to travel for training for two weeks at the WM Florida Training Center within your first 30 to 60 days of employment.
Look forward to using your expertise in this manner:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review. Work Environment
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 15 pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, College Station , Heavy Truck Mechanic (Relo Available), Engineering , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!