Process Sciences- Associate Scientist/Engineer
Company: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Location: College Station
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Process Sciences - Associate Scientist/Engineer, under
general direction, functions within a team based organization to
actively address cGMP manufacturing issues. The individual is
responsible for analyzing process technologies to assist in the
technical transfer of new processes into the manufacturing group.
This individual must work in a collaborative manner to assist the
transfer of biological drug processes from process development
(internal or client) groups in a CDMO environment. External US
- Applies scientific, technical and industry knowledge to address
issues in the technology transfer and implementation of client
specified manufacturing processes for biologics including viral
based products and vaccines.
- Lead a least one cross-functional technology transfer team that
will include client technical staff and internal process
development and manufacturing teams.
- Prepares user requirements, vendor quotes, and purchasing of
- Provides technical information for the preparation of change
controls, protocols, and new user training for the process
- Identifies raw materials and consumables of appropriate quality
for the cGMP execution of client specified manufacturing processes;
assists in the preparation of material specifications, vendor
quotes, and the purchase of the materials.
- Writes intermediate and final manufacturing campaign summary
reports and other team deliverables.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Required
Knowledge/Technical ExpertiseIndividual will have
knowledge/expertise relevant to
- Experience in the manufacturing environment for biologics and
- Hands on laboratory or manufacturing experience with biologics
- Knowledge of single-use manufacturing equipment and
- Understanding and experience in aseptic techniques.
- Document writing including protocols, batch records, and SOPs
and summary reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.Other
- Build credibility by performing high quality work.
- Expand the technical capabilities of teams using academic and
- Effectively communicates results of own work through meetings,
presentations, discussions and documentation with some input from
- Limited supervision required on day-to-day activities and
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment is essential, as
this person will work closely with other team members and
- Self-motivated and capable of demonstrating technical
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to
influence and collaborate in a team environment.
- Analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.Working
Conditions & Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Experience prolonged standing, along with some bending,
stooping, and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds
- Potential for exposure to hazardous chemicals, gases, fumes,
odors, mists, and dusts, and other hazardous materials.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment to include safety
glasses, lab coat, gloves or other equipment as required.
- Attendance is mandatory.Minimum Qualifications
- Master's Degree; OR
- Bachelor's Degree at least 1 years of relevant experience;
- Associate's Degree with 4 years of relevant
- Degree preferably in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Life
Sciences or related field.
- Work experience in a cGMP environment. We are an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to race,
color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. If an accommodation to the application process is needed,
please email or call .
Keywords: FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, College Station , Process Sciences- Associate Scientist/Engineer, Engineering , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!