Quality Assurance Specialist
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our
world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their
resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across
our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and
development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us
for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and
responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and
defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to
provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical
to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job
to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and
sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across
the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse
talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value
each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all
its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you
to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to
something bigger - a community that is grounded by our core values
and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We
celebrate each other's successes, grow together, and learn from
each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together,
we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive
benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching
career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to
chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging
and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and
flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global
company with wide-ranging opportunities that include
career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will
ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at
Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a
comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance
coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company
paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring timely
and effective implementation of the company's policies, procedures,
and standards involved in assuring the quality of manufactured
products and customer satisfaction. The Quality Assurance
Specialist strives to ensure facility adhere to quality licenses,
standards and certifications.
A successful candidate will collaborate closely with functional
areas such Manufacturing, Procurement, Mfg. Engineering, Sustaining
Engineering, Product Lines, R&M and Geozones on a regular basis
as well as present to internal teams plans and updates.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance,
ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in
compliance with Company's Security, Compliance & HSE policies,
Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and
industry practices and complies with the Company's Rules to Live By
- Places Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the
Environment as core values while never intentionally placing
employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we
live and work at risk
- Seeks continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security &
protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible
care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee
inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to
exceed customer expectations
- Responsible for being familar with the Company's Quality
policies and takes an active role in the compliance and improvement
of Weatherfords Quality Management System
- Maintains manufactured product quality as immediate priorities
when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks
areas for improvement
- Ensure that customer expectations (internal and external) are
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES (NOT LISTED IN SPECIFIC ORDER)
- Maintain site Quality Management System
- Update records and maintain all necessary documentation and
- Responsible for following management of change as process and
procedures are updated as per QMS requirements.
- Perform regular process audits in Manufacturing areas and
functional areas, including technical work instructions, processes,
procedures, competence and ensure compliance. Generate CARs related
to any deficiencies and track them to completion.
- Keep competency records up-to-date
- Conduct training related to QMS, procedures, WIs, others
- Actively participate in Contract Reviews.
- Develop customer QCP Plans. Ensure contractual requirements are
built into Quality Control plans.
- Actively participate in Pre-Production meetings.
- Coordinate Client visits, and audits and constant communication
to demonstrate our commitment and promote the Weatherford Quality
- Drive action trackers to completion, related to customer
audits, manufacturing reviews or qualification process.
- Coordinate TPIs per customer QCPs, and per production schedule.
Ensure documentation meet requirements.
- Review/release WOs from a Quality point of view.
- CPARs/NCRs/COPQ; monitor performance/trends, data analysis, and
e valuate the effectiveness of corrective actions to ensure that
the required improvements are sustained. Actively participate in
RCA. Monitor/track other Quality KPIs.
- Coordinate with product design engineers and manufacturing
engineers the requirements in the quality plans and inspection and
test plans to be aligned with their engineering design criteria,
production schedules and customer requirements.
- Coordinate quality assurance plans for new PNs/Products
- Review and approval of purchased materials/products mill test
certificates if it complies with the required company
specifications and/or applicable industry standards prior to
acceptance and use
- Identify minimum of two continuous improvement projects per
year to lead and complete with measurable improvement to the
business in terms of margin, quality, etc
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Quality
Manager within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient
manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is
reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil
- Maintains effective communications with all key stakeholders
both internal and where appropriate external
- Maintains effective communications with external stakeholders
(customers, suppliers, TPIs)
- All employees have an accountability to the organisation to be
financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function
budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within approved budget, processed
within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own
careers within the Company including completing all necessary
function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their
knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line
manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and
opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support
their career potential
VISION & LEADERSHIP
- Demonstrates leadership, ethical behaviour and adherence to
Weatherford standards at all times
Experience & Education
- 5 to 8 years of experience with ISO-9001 and API Q1
- Minimum 5 years of experience in QA/QC role in manufacturing
environment involving machining and welding
- Excellent written, reading, and oral communication in
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office software
at a minimum
- Fast learner, results oriented and independent with strong
- Possess strong customer service skills, i.e. listening,
follow-through, and willingness to help
- Lean / Six Sigma experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- ISO 9001 and API Q1
- Certified Auditor
- Ability to read of engineering drawings
- Ability to interpret MTCs (Material Test Certificates) against
the Company specifications
- Skilled at data mining (Excel Pivot Tables, other Excel
- Certified Lead Auditor
- Root Cause Analysis implementation experience
- Power BI dashboards.
Keywords: Weatherford, College Station , Quality Assurance Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Huntsville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!