Night Auditor - Embassy Suites College Station
Company: Avion Hospitality
Location: College Station
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryThe Night Auditor is responsible for
the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit work.
Responsible for the front desk operation during the overnight shift
(Typically 11pm-7am). Primary responsibilities include: registering
guests, making reservations, preparing daily reports, balancing
transactions, and conducting security walks.Job Duties &
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Avion
Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Avion Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures
- Balance the day's work (i.e., movie revenue, telephone
postings, valet laundry, server's and desk agent's paperwork,
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office
procedures according to Avion Hospitality standards.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation according to
Avion Hospitality standards.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00
p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House
Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all
areas are locked and secured (property specific)
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from
11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures according to Avion
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.)
according to Avion Hospitality standards.
- Be familiar with all Avion Hospitality's policies and house
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the
Property Accountant's desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up
to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other associates during entire
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure associates are at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report as needed.
- Transfer the master or house accounts as necessary.
- Distribute work (i.e., revenue printouts, charge and paid
folios, vouchers and checks, etc.) as directed by S.O.P.'s.
- Train any new Night Auditors as requested by management.
- Run morning reports according to Avion Hospitality
- Assign delivery of newspapers daily. Deliver or assign delivery
of Express Check-Out's.
- Follow up to ensure that nightly walk-through includes removal
of all room service trays and straightening of pool and Jacuzzi
area (property specific)
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the
- Complete any reports as requested by management in a timely
- Complete any miscellaneous duties as required (i.e., resetting
Food and Beverage P.O.S. where necessary, distribution of credit
"Watch List", and preparation of daily revenue summary).
- As applicable to the hotel, may assist guests with food orders
and serve food and beverage items to guests in a friendly,
professional, and timely manner; demonstrates suggestive selling
techniques, and maintains a clean organized environment for
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Guest Services
Manager or any other member of management.Education & Experience
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to
resolve guest issues that may arise and respond to emergency
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed environment.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by co- workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.Powered
Keywords: Avion Hospitality, College Station , Night Auditor - Embassy Suites College Station, Accounting, Auditing , College Station, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!